A hearty black soup is a great option to fill us up and keep warm during these cold months. A good black bean soup can take a few hours to make when using dried black beans. Well, this soup does not take hours, but rather 20 minutes from start to finish. Using refried black beans and canned black beans, you still get the hearty black bean soup, but in a fraction of the time.
There is no sacrifice in flavor either. Just a good warm and spicy black bean soup. I serve this soup with a good helping for grated cheese. This Quick Black Soup is great also topped with sour cream and crushed tortilla chips. I served this soup with Cheddar Cream Biscuits to balance out the spicy from the soup.
Quick Black Bean Soup
- 1 16 oz vegetarian refried black beans
- 2 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 10 oz can Rotel tomatoes
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 t ground cumin or to taste
- Grated cheese
- Sour Cream
- Tortilla Chips
- In a large pot, add all of the ingredients except the toppings. Bring the soup to a boil over medium-high heat while stirring to combine the ingredients. Once at a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and continue to cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Serve in individual bowls topped with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!