Jump to Recipe
This Swiss Cheese & Green Onion Hot Dip is always a hit when we have a gathering. Just a few tasty ingredients make such a delicious warm cheesy dip for a group.
These days I want simple recipes, and this dip is just that! Cream cheese, mayo, swiss cheese, green onions & a hint of cayenne pepper come together and deliver on a yummy dip!
I love how simple this appetizer comes together. This dip is not your typical run of the mill appetizer. Any time I serve this dish, people ask for the recipe. If by some rare chance you have leftovers, the dip is just as good if not better the next day. Just reheat in the oven or in the microwave if you are like me.
This Swiss Cheese & Green Onion Hot Dip is very rich. To break up the richness, I chose to add cayenne pepper. I personally do not notice the heat from the cayenne, but please feel free to add more cayenne if you want extra spice or none at all if you are sensitive to hot spices.
Swiss Cheese & Green Onion Hot Dip
- 1 8oz Block Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 green onions, green & white parts chopped
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- 6 buttery crackers, crushed i.e. Ritz or Club Crackers
- Buttery Crackers, To Serve with Dip
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Swiss cheese, green onions & cayenne pepper. Combine with a mixer until all of the ingredients are fully combined.
- Place the mixture on an over safe dish. Add the crushed crackers over the top of the cheesy mixture.
- Place in the over, and bake for 20 minutes or until the top turns golden brown and the edges are starting to bubble.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve with buttery crackers. Enjoy!