These little savory biscuits are melt in your mouth deliciousness! These soft biscuits are filled with sharp cheese throughout every bite. A simple delight to make your meal absolutely delightful!
Biscuits can take a good amount of TLC to make, but these little treats don’t take that much time at all. Just three ingredients, some stirring, cutting into your desired size and baking into a delicious cheese filled biscuit. A perfect option to serve with your weeknight meal.
I like to use a 1 inch round cutter to make small biscuits. That way I can eat more than one and not feel guilty! They bake faster too! If you like a larger biscuit, feel free to use a 2 inch round cutter. Just increase your bake time.
I love serving these Cheddar Cream Biscuits with a nice bowl of spicy chili or soup. Check in tomorrow to see how we enjoyed these savory biscuits with a quick and easy black bean soup!
Cheddar Cream Biscuits
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup 4 oz grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream plus more for brushing the tops of the biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl add the flour and cheese. Toss to combine.
- Add the cream and stir until the dough is a cohesive ball.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface. Pat the dough into a disc 3/4" to 1" thick. (The thicker the disc, the taller the biscuits.)
- Use a round cutter size of your choice (I used a 1" cutter for a small biscuit) to cut rounds. Place the biscuits on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush the tops of the biscuits with more cream to brown the tops.
- Bake in the oven for 12-18 minutes (depends on the size of your biscuits) or until they are golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve warm.