This Slow Cooker Roasted Tomato Bisque is easy to make, and a perfect option for a delicious meal when you are limited on time. A creamy, smooth, and velvety tomato bisque full of classic veggies and fire-roasted tomatoes!
The fire-roasted tomatoes are key in this soup. The roasted element in the tomatoes adds such an enhancement to this recipe. I highly recommend to only use fire-roasted tomatoes to get the most out of this tomato bisque!
I also recommend to not overlook the heavy cream in this soup. Just 1/4 cup adds so much creaminess to this soup!
This Slow Cooker Roasted Tomato Bisque is perfect with Simply Amazing Grilled Cheese or your favorite grilled cheese.
Slow Cooker Roasted Tomato Bisque
- 3 T all-purpose flour
- 3 T water
- 2 15- oz cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 medium yellow onion finely diced
- 1 large carrot finely diced
- 2 large celery ribs finely diced
- 2 T tomato paste
- 1/4 t dried thyme or 1 t fresh thyme
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, add the flour and water. Stir until smooth and thick. Set aside.
- In a slow cooker, add the tomatoes, onion, carrot, celery, tomato paste, thyme, vegetable broth, heavy cream, and desired amount of salt and pepper. Add the flour & water mixture. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Once the soup is ready, use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. Add additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve topped with grated parmesan cheese.