You can thank my Mom for this Mexican Cauliflower Fried Rice. She texted me one day and was raving over how much she enjoyed fried cauliflower rice with Mexican flavors! I was intrigued. I have had my share of Chinese style fried rice, but I never thought of making it Mexican style. Substituting cauliflower rice in the place of rice was an added healthy bonus!
This Mexican Cauliflower Fried Rice is full of veggies and spices. A tasty and quick healthy meal full of flavor.
You make this as spicy or as mild as you want. If you removed the seeds & membranes from the jalapenos, you lower the spice level, but you still get the delicious jalapeno flavors. I am a medium spice fan, so I just leave some of the seeds & membranes with the jalapenos.
This Mexican Cauliflower Fried Rice is full of flavor while keeping it healthy. Cauliflower rice is by no means rice, but it certainly makes for a healthy alternative to white rice.
Mexican Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 small cauliflower head, cleaned & cut into florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, diced (remove seeds membranes if desired)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- sliced jalapenos, lime wedges, chopped fresh cilantro
- Pulse the cauliflower florets in a food processor until the cauliflower resembles rice. Don't crowd the food processor. You may need to process the cauliflower in batches.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, jalapeno & bell pepper. Saute until soft, about 3-5 minutes.Add the cauliflower, tomatoes & the remaining seasonings. Saute for 5 to 7 minutes until the cauliflower is tender. Add additional seasonings if needed.
- Serve in individual bowls with your favorite toppings.