These Veggie White Bean Burgers are tasty and are quick and easy to make! Deliciously seasoned veggie burgers filled with creamy cannellini beans, finely diced veggies, and parmesan cheese!
Cannellini beans mash up easily and they give these burgers a soft and creamy texture while supplying an impressive amount of protein and fiber! The veggies are sliced finely but still leave a nice texture to this tasty burger!
Seasoned bread crumbs deliver on flavor and help save some time measuring out more seasonings and it definitely saves on cost. I prefer the garlic and herb seasoned bread crumbs!
Finely dicing the veggies are crucial to these burgers. Since we are not sautéing the veggies ahead, you want the veggies diced small so they soften enough in the patty when they are cooking in the saucepan!
Once these burgers are done cooking on the stovetop, the exterior is golden with a nice crunch and the interior is soft and moist! Served with some ranch dressing and a side of greens makes the perfect weeknight dinner for us!
Veggie White Bean Burgers
- 2 15 oz can cannellini beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup garlic & herb seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 finely diced plum tomato, cored
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- In a medium bowl, mash the beans using a potato masher or your hands.
- Add the eggs and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, bell pepper, onion, tomato, cayenne pepper, salt, & pepper. (Keep in mind, the seasoned bread crumbs already have salt.) Mix well and all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Shape into 6 patties about 4 inched in diameter.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the patties to the skillet and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until the outside is golden and the interior is heated through.
- Serve with some your favorite condiments. I like ranch dressing.