This Weeknight Black Bean Soup is one of the quickest soups to put together and cook in less than 20 minutes. Flavor is not sacrificed for this speedy soup!
Just a few ingredients and a blender bring this filling soup to your table in no time.
So what are the two essential ingredients? Canned black beans and your favorite salsa! That’s it! Add some water for the consistency you want and salt and pepper. There is your soup! Toppings are optional, and you can just add more salsa as a topping to keep it extra simple. I opted for fresh cilantro and diced red onions.
The key to this soup is to use your favorite salsa. I like a medium roasted tomato salsa. If you want it milder or hotter, the choice is yours!
So, whenever you need a meal, real quick, this Weeknight Black Bean Soup will serve you justice!
Weeknight Black Bean Soup
- 2 15- oz cans black beans undrained
- 1/2 cup salsa or more to taste
- water for consistency
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toppings: Additional salsa chopped fresh cilantro, diced red onions, sour cream, diced avocado, tortilla chips, etc.
- In a blender add the undrained black beans and salsa. Blend until smooth. Add a little water at a time to get the consistency you want.
- Pour the bean mixture into a saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through (about 10 minutes). Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!
Black bean soup is such a favorite of mine! I could eat it all the time! haha This sounds wonderful – especially with so few ingredients!