These Salt & Vinegar Roasted Chickpeas are crunchy, sour & salty! A satisfying
Salt and vinegar potato chips are yummy, buy there is certainly not healthy! So I made a healthy compromise, Salt & Vinegar Roasted Chickpeas!
Although you can purchase roasted chickpeas at the store, the time, ease, and cost of making your own is completely worth it! There is never
There are a few tips to making perfectly roasted chickpeas!
- Make sure the chickpeas are dry of any excess water. Once you drain and rinse the chickpeas, lay them on a paper towel lined plate to absorb the excess moisture.
- Don’t crowd the chickpeas on the baking sheet. Space between the chickpeas will help ensure that they roast instead of steam. Use two baking sheets in necessary
- Add the white vinegar and salt during the last 5 minutes of roasting. The vinegar will cook out if you add it too early.
Salt & Vinegar Roasted Chickpeas
- 2 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp white vinegar, or to taste
- 1/2-1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Make sure the chickpeas are dry.
- Add the chickpeas to a large baking sheet with enough space not to crowd the chickpeas. (You want space for the chickpeas to roast not steam.) Use 2 baking sheets if needed.
- Toss the chickpeas with the olive oil. Roast in the oven for up to 40 minutes. Stirring the chickpeas around every 10 minutes.
- Once the chickpeas are golden remove from the oven. Carefully toss with the white vinegar and salt. (Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt to start. You can add more if you want more salt.)
- Place back in the oven for 5 minutes or until heated through.