This Vegetable Tortellini Soup is what I call a comforting soothing bowl of soup. Cheese tortellini with carrots, celery, spinach in a warm and soothing vegetable broth!
This soup gives off the vibes of the comfort food like chicken noodle soup but is comfort food without the chicken or chicken broth. Cheese filled tortellini is comforting in itself.
The most important ingredient to make or break this soup is the vegetable broth. Make sure you use your favorite high quality vegetable broth. I personally prefer the Better Than Bouillon Vegetable Base for my vegetarian broth choice. The broth is a litter darker as an end result, but the flavor is spot on for me.
I also prefer to add some seasoning in this soup, and my go to seasoning these days is Bragg’s Sprinkle & Herb Seasoning. However, you can also use 1/4 t dried thyme and 1/4 t Italian seasoning. This combination is not the same as Bragg’s, but you will sill get some extra flavor in the soup.
Add some freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top of the hot soup makes every right about this bowl of comforting soup!
Vegetable Tortellini Soup
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 medium onion small diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 5 medium large carrots small diced
- 3 celery stalks small diced
- 1/2 t Bragg's Sprinkle & Herb Seasoning *
- 8 cups vegetable broth I use Better Than Bouillon vegetable base
- 6 oz bag fresh baby spinach roughly chopped
- 9 oz package cheese stuffed tortellini fresh or frozen
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots & celery. Saute until the onions are translucent, around 5 minutes, stirring occasionally .
- Add the seasoning and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to simmer allowing the veggies to become tender, about 10 -15 minutes.
- Add the tortellini and cook according to the package directions. 2 minutes before the tortellini i done, add the spinach.
- Remove from heat & serve topped with fresh chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese!