I have passed by the bag of sweet mini peppers in the produce section for years. I really did not know what to do with them. I could chop them up and put them in a salad. I could cut them in slices and dip them in a nice vegetable dip. But I decided to make an appetizer inspired by jalapeño poppers.
I wanted to make the filling with a little spice, but have the pepper a little sweet. It turned out delicious. My husband and I ate these for a fun afternoon snack. With football season around the corner, these would make a great appetizer to eat and watch the game.
Stuffed Mini Peppers
- 1 8 oz bag of mini sweet peppers
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 t onion powder
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the stem off of the peppers. Slice the peppers in half and remove the seeds and ribs.
- In a bowl, thoroughly combine the cream cheese, onion powder, garlic powder & cayenne pepper.
- Sir in 1/4 cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into each pepper half.
- Put the filled peppers on a greased baking sheet. Top each pepper with the remaining 1/4 cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Now turn the broiler on low. Broil for around 2 minutes to crisp the top the filled peppers.