If you like spicy and you love garlic, this Simple and Spicy Garlic Spaghetti is right up your alley! A quick pasta dish that pleases spicy and garlic lovers alike!
This pasta dish is technically called Spaghetti, Aglio, Olio, e Peperoncino which translates to Spaghetti with Garlic, Oil, and Chili Pepper Flakes. We just call this Simple and Spicy Garlic Spaghetti. However you name this dish, it is easy to make and fast to put on the table.
This dish is not for anyone that is sensitive to spicy heat because this pasta packs a punch in the heat factor. As for garlic lovers, this dish is a great option. Serve this as a main dish for two, or as a side dish for four!
Simple Spicy and Garlic Spaghetti
- 7 oz spaghetti
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 t red chili flakes or to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1/2 t freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water before draining the pasta. Place the cooked pasta into a large bowl or into the pot that you cooked the pasta.
- Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Stir the pasta and slowly add the reserved pasta jut a little at a time until there is a light sauce. (You may not use all of the pasta water.)
- Pour into a serving dish and top with parmesan cheese.