I love peanut butter!!! Let me count the ways! I am a sucker for any type of peanut butter dessert. Peanut butter cookies, peanut butter fudge, peanut butter cake, peanut butter cheesecake, and then there is peanut butter pie!
This delicious peanut butter pie is a freezer version. It is so easy to make, and you only have to wait a few hours before serving! The good news is you can lick the bowl while you are waiting for the pie to set.
The original recipe calls for a 1/2 cup of peanut butter, but I use 3/4 cup peanut butter to give it a little more peanut butter flavor.
We enjoy this peanut butter quite often in our home. I love that all I have to do is take it out of the freezer, cut a couple of slices of the delicious peanut butter and chocolate goodness and dessert is served!
Peanut Butter Pie
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk I use whole milk
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 8- oz package cream cheese-room temperature the cream cheese will not mix in if added straight out of the refrigerator
- 1 8- oz tup whipped topping thawed
- 1 pre-made 6-oz chocolate cookie crust I use the Oreo brand
- Chocolate Ice Cream topping I recommend Magic Shell
- In a large mixing bowl, add the peanut butter, powdered sugar*, milk, vanilla extract and cream cheese with a mixer until fully combined. (*Save yourself some time and sift the powdered sugar)
- Gently fold in the whipped topping until fully combined.
- Pour mixture into the pie crust and put in the freezer for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, drizzle the ice cream topping on the pie and put back in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- The pie is now ready to be sliced and served.
- Keep covered in freezer.