Whenever we go out to eat Mexican food, I love when the waiter puts out the warm tortilla chips and cool and refreshing salsa. I could eat the entire basket of chips and bowl of salsa for my entire meal. I don’t, but I could! However, after discovering different versions of this easy restaurant style salsa online, I can now eat the entire basket of chips and bowl of salsa without getting any strange looks!
This salsa is one of the easiest salsas to put together in no time. Just put all of the ingredients in a blender and you have yourself a restaurant style salsa in the comfort of your own home! You can omit or add the ingredients as you like. This is just how we like our blender salsa in our home.
- 1 28- oz can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 10- oz can diced tomatoes & green chilies I use Rotel original
- 1 small red onion quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno deveined & deseeded if you want less spicy
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro
- 1 t sugar
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- Serve and enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips!
The salsa freezes very well. Just defrost in the refrigerator for 8-12 hours ahead of time.
If you are not a fan of cilantro, just leave it out.