This pasta dish is a great anytime but especially on a busy weeknight. We love pasta dishes in all shapes and sizes. What I appreciate about this dish in particular is it is not heavily drenched in sauce. There is a time a place for everything, but when I want a light pasta dish, this is what I like to make at home.
Simply cherry tomatoes, shallots, garlic, olive oil and some herbs combined with your favorite pasta. Oh, and don’t forget the parmesan cheese on top at the end! I love making this in the summertime, when the cherry tomatoes are in their peak season!
The cherry tomatoes pop with fresh flavor! The shallots caramelize while they are cooking! Every ingredient gets to show off in this dish! This recipe is light but super flavorful.
We always include a some crusty butter and garlic french bread to serve on the side! Just one piece, maybe two!
Pan Roasted Tomatoes and Garlic Pasta
- 1 lb dry pasta I use thin spaghetti
- 2 T olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 3 shallots diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- kosher salt
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- parmesan cheese graded
- fresh basil
- fresh parsley
- Prepare dried pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil.
- Add the shallots and cook until soft. (About 2 minutes)
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook until the until the tomatoes burst. (About 3 minutes) Be sure to add some salt to enhance the flavors.
- Add the garlic, and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet. Using tongs, combine all of the ingredients until combined and heated through.
- Remove from heat. Add the desired amount of chopped basil and parsley and mix in with the tongs.
- Ready to serve with graded parmesan cheese on top.