I am always searching for one-pot meals. This One Pot Creamy Spaghetti is full of flavor and cooks into a delicious and filling meal. The spaghetti cooks in one pot with crushed tomatoes and vegetable broth with a little kick of heat and creaminess!
I must emphasize that this recipe calls for regular sized spaghetti. The size of the spaghetti or pasta is significant in one pot meals. If you use a different pasta, you will have to keep an eye on the liquid ratio. I have used thin spaghetti in the dish, and I lowered the vegetable broth by 1 cup, and it turned out perfect.
The original recipe called for Italian sausage.Since I don’t eat meat, I added extra seasonings along with onion and garlic to give this dish flavor. I have to say, the flavors are spot on! This recipe does have a really good kick from the red pepper flakes. Feel free to adjust the red pepper flakes for more or less heat, or omit altogether. Either way, this One Pot Creamy Spaghetti is a satisfying
One Pot Creamy Spaghetti
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes with basil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 t dried oregano
- 1/4 t red pepper flakes optional
- 12 oz spaghetti
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Optional Toppings: grated parmesan cheese black pepper & fresh chopped parsley
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally for approximately 5 minutes or until softened and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, vegetable broth, oregano, and red pepper flakes, if using. Stir to combine. Add the spaghetti and heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring often until the pasta is tender. Stir in the whipping cream. The dish is ready once the sauce is thick and creamy.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese, black pepper, and chopped parsley.