I love apple desserts. Apple pie! Apple cake! Apple Dumplings! Just about all of them are served with ice cream on the side! These apple dumplings are the easy version. They are perfect with some vanilla ice cream covered with the amazing sweet sauce that cooks up along with the dumplings. I don’t know who started this apple dumpling recipe, but I love it!
I have seen this recipe around for years, but I know a recipe will be good if The Pioneer Woman posted it. That is the recipe I have followed.
All you need is refrigerated crescent rolls, tart apples, sugar, butter, cinnamon & vanilla. Oh, and Mountain Dew! Sprite or 7up will work too. I stopped drinking soda and diet soda years ago, but this dessert is an exception.
These Easy Apple Dumplings are not fancy by any means, but they are a favorite dessert of ours to enjoy without the fuss. Simple, sweet and delightful are how we like to describe these Easy Apple Dumplings!
Easy Apple Dumplings
- 2 large Granny Smith apples peeled & cored
- 2 8 oz cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- 1 12 fluid oz bottle or can of Mountain Dew
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees. Butter a 9x13 baking dish.
- Cut the peeled and cored apples into 8 slices each (16 total slices). Open the crescent roll packages and separate the sections. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll section. Place the crescent apple rolls into the prepared dish.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the sugar and cinnamon and stir to just combine. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour the mixture over the crescent apple rolls. Pour the Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan and in between the crescent apple rolls.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 45 minutes or until the tops are crispy and golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and spoon the sweet sauce over the apple dumplings and ice cream!