You are three ingredients away from these little delicate melt in your mouth powder puff cookies filled with chocolate kisses. Yep! Three ingredients! The chocolate kiss is such a sweet 🙂 and unexpected surprise!
The key to this easy to make cookie is a refrigerated or frozen pie crust. If you are ambitious or have a favorite pie crust you make, you can certainly use that instead. I opted to use an already made pie dough, and they are absolutely melt in your mouth delicious!
I have to thank Averie at Averie Cooks for creating this ingenious cookie. Chocolate candy tucked away in a pastry that is coated in sweet powdered sugar! This cookie is as delicious as it looks and sounds.
Powder Puff Cookies
- 1 refrigerated or frozen thawed pie crust
- 16 to 20 Hershey's Chocolate Kiss candies
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Line a baking sheet parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- Place the pie crust on a lightly floured surface. Using a pizza wheel or knife, cut the pie crust into 2 inch squares. (4 rows up and 4 rows across) Since the pie crust is in a circle, you will have smaller sections at the end. Just use them together to put a chocolate kiss inside.
- Place a chocolate kiss in each square.
- Seal the dough around the candy. Smooth the crust with your hands and slightly flatten to a mound. Place the mounds onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 13 to 17 minutes, or until the crust is done. You do not want the tops to turn golden, but to still be pale. However, the bottom of the mounds will be slightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 15 minutes or until cool enough to handle with your hands.
- Place 1 puff at a time in a bowl of the powdered sugar. Coat the entire surface of the cookies with the powdered sugar.