I am so happy to share with you one of the most delicious tomato soup recipes I have had in a long time. This soup is flavorful, creamy and so easy to put together. You just pour everything in a pot, and let the flavors melt together. The only “work” you have to do is mince some garlic and grate some parmesan cheese.
It is not everyday that you can find a homemade recipe that tastes like you spent the entire day making it, and it really took no time at all. This soup is just that. I present to you Creamy Tomato Basil Soup!
Tomorrow, I will share with the grilled cheese sandwich that is a perfect addition to this soup. Hint: It is simply amazing!!
Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups V-8 juice
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 T dried basil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 t Kosher salt
- 1/2 t ground black pepper freshly ground recommended
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese plus more for topping
- In a large pot, pour in the crushed tomatoes, V-8 juice, vegetable broth, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the butter, heavy whipping cream and parmesan cheese. Increase the heat to medium and stir continuously until the butter has melted.
- Serve and top with more parmesan cheese!.