Chickpea, Tomato, Onion & Artichoke Salad. That is a mouthful. Needless to say, you will find chickpeas, tomatoes, onions and artichokes in this salad. What makes this salad over the top delicious is the marinade. This dish can be served as a side dish, main dish, or even as an appetizer.
I discovered this salad over at Clean Eating Veggie Girl. The only change I made was by using two cans of chickpeas instead of one. It is amazing how a combination of ingredients can make for such a delicious dish. We enjoyed this salad at room temperature for lunch. The next day I enjoyed this salad cold with pita chips for an afternoon snack. Both were equally delicious.
So if you are looking for main dish salad, a side salad with your meal or an appetizer, you will not be disappointed in this delicious and simple to make Chickpea, Tomato, Onion & Artichoke Salad!
Chickpea, Tomato, Onion & Artichoke Salad
- 2 15 oz cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 6 medium tomatoes sliced & seeds removed
- 1 small sweet onion thinly sliced
- 1 14.1 oz can quartered artichoke hearts in water drained and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 t fine sea salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1/4 t white sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- Combine the chickpeas, tomatoes, onions and artichoke hearts in a 3 quart glass dish.
- Whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Pour the oil and vinegar marinade over the chickpea mixture and mix to combine. Top with the fresh chopped basil.
- Cover and allow the salad to sit a room temperature for 1 hour.
- The salad is ready to serve.
- Store the leftovers covered in the refrigerator.