This Chickpea Saute with Broccoli & Tomatoes is a healthy and quick dish! Fresh veggies and protein & fiber rich chickpeas sauteed with a hint of heat!
This Chickpea Saute with Broccoli & Tomatoes is a dish I like to throw together during a busy weeknight. I especially love to make this when I want a light and healthy dinner!
I used to saute fresh uncooked broccoli florets in the pan on the stove. It took longer than I preferred to get a cooked texture from the broccoli. By steaming the broccoli beforehand, the dish comes together much quicker! Also, the red pepper flakes are optional, but they do add another layer of flavor to this dish!
Chickpea Saute with Broccoli & Tomatoes
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 t red pepper flakes
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets (steamed)
- 2 15- oz cans chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1- pint grape <g class="gr_ gr_373 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" id="373" data-gr-id="373">tomatoes </g> halved
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh parsley chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the diced red onions and saute for 4-5 minutes or until translucent, stirring often. Add the minced garlic & red pepper flakes, and continue to saute & stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the steamed broccoli florets & chickpeas, and toss to coat. Cook until heated through.
- Add the halved grape tomatoes & toss to combine. Add salt & pepper to taste. Cook until the grape tomatoes just start to soften.
- Serve with freshly chopped parsley if desired.