These Chewy Peanut Butter Granola Bars require no baking at all. Just a couple minutes in the microwave, some time to stir the ingredients together and just a little time to let the bars chill. You now have yourself some delicious and fresh peanut butter granola bars!
After making these Chewy Peanut Butter Granola Bars, it will be hard to buy pre-packaged granola bars at the store. These taste simply delicious. You cannot get the fresh made taste in a box like you do in these bars.
I kept these Chewy Peanut Butter Granola Bars simple. You can add some mini chocolate chips, dried fruit and/or chopped nuts to add some texture and more flavors. Simple or more additions, these granola bars will be a hit with the family!
Chewy Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- 2 cups quick-cook oats
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal i.e. Rice Krispies
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/8 t salt
- 1/2 t pure vanilla extract
- Place two large sheets of foil perpendicular to each other in an 8x11 baking dish (or similar size) to create a foil sling.(This makes removing the granola bars from the pan much easier.) Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the oats and crispy rice cereal. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, add the peanut butter, honey, brown sugar and salt. Stir to combine. Heat (high/100% power) in microwave for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and stir with a whisk. Place back in the microwave and heat (high/100% power) for 1 more minute. Remove from the microwave and add the vanilla. Stir with a whisk until smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the oats and crispy rice cereal. Stir to fully combine and the oat mixture is fully coated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared dish. Firmly press the mixture into the baking dish and make a smooth and even surface. (I use a pastry roller for this step.)
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Using the foil sling, remove the mixture from the dish. Cut into rectangles.