I love to roast vegetables, and I never get tired of roasted vegetables with some olive oil, salt and pepper. With that said, roasting vegetables and coating them with delicious flavors is a nice way to change up things. These Asian Roasted Carrots & Broccoli are so good and will give roasted vegetables a nice twist with your meal.
This Asian Roasted Carrots and Broccoli side dish would be a great compliment to a lean protein. There is so much flavor in this dish, that they will not look or taste like an afterthought with your meal.
You can leave out the Sriracha if your family is sensitive to spice. I used 1 teaspoon, and there was just a hint of spice, not overpowering for us.
A loved using packaged baby carrots instead of having to chop a bunch of carrots. I did chop the broccoli and minced the garlic. However, you can save more time if you buy the pre-chopped packages of broccoli and minced garlic from the jar.
These Asian Roasted Carrots and Broccoli will certainly add some flavor to your next meal.
Asian Roasted Carrots & Broccoli
- 3 T reduced sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 T agave
- 1 t sesame oil
- 1 t rice vinegar
- 1 t Sriracha or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 T olive oil divided
- 1 16- oz package of baby carrots
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 t sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce or tamari, agave, sesame oil, rice vinegar and Sriracha. Set aside.
- In a bowl, toss the carrots, garlic and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place on the baking sheet and evenly distribute. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- While the carrots are roasting, toss the broccoli and remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl. Once the carrots have roasted for 15 minutes, remove from the oven. Add the broccoli to the baking sheet. Toss the carrots and broccoli and maker sure they are in a single layer. Place back in the oven and continue to bake for 10 -15 minutes.
- Remove the carrots and broccoli from the oven. Place them in a serving bowl and add the soy sauce mixture. Toss to fully coat the vegetables. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the top. Enjoy!