Cookies for breakfast anyone? Me please! These cookies are filling and full of power packed ingredients to get your day off to a delicious start. But these cookies don’t have to be limited to breakfast. They also make for a great afternoon pick me up.
The cookies require no baking and they are classified as a great healthy option. No butter are in these cookies. Wholesome & healthy ingredients that will give you an excuse to have cookies for breakfast.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 T agave nectar or honey I use light agave
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal i.e. Rice Krispies
- 1/4 cup freshly ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- Optional Add-ins: 2 T: mini chocolate chips raisins, nuts, etc.
- In a medium size, microwave safe bowl, combine the peanut butter, agave/honey, vanilla and salt. Microwave on full power for 20-30 seconds. Stir until combined and smooth.
- Add the crispy rice cereal, flaxseed and oats to the bowl of peanut butter mixture. Stir until fully combined. Add your add-ins of choice and stir to incorporate. Place the mixture in the refrigerator for 20 -30 minutes.
- Form the mixture into 1 to 2 inch balls. Flatten the balls with your hands to form into a cookie shape.
- Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!