This is one of my favorite post workout smoothies. You can certainly enjoy this smoothie any time you choose. As for me, the ingredients and nutrients that are in this smoothie seem to do better for my body after a workout.
I was always a peanut butter girl, but almond butter has become a favorite as well. If almond butter is not your thing, you can certainly use creamy peanut butter. One way or another this smoothie is delicious and filling!
Banana Almond Butter Smoothie
A great post workout smoothie.
- 1 large banana pre-sliced and frozen
- 1 heaping tablespoon of creamy almond butter
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk you may need more to thin out the smoothie
- 2 to 3 ice cubes
- 1 scoop cinnamon whey protein powder or vanilla* whey protein powder *add a pinch of ground cinnamon if you use vanilla
- Put the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add more almond milk if the smoothie is too thick. Enjoy!
You can substitute peanut butter or any other nut butter if you are not an almond butter fan.