Chocolate…Chocolate…Chocolate!!! You can’t go wrong with Chocolate pudding, Chocolate cake mix and Chocolate chips! Especially when they are all in one dessert! This cake is one of the easiest cakes I have made. It is delicious on the day made, but it gets even more delicious the second day! You can practically eat this cake with a spoon. I can speak from experience!
I found this recipe over at Brown Eyed Baker and pinned it immediately. I followed the recipe other than omitting the walnuts and replaced them with toffee bits. I might try peanut butter chips in place of the toffee bits next time, or maybe both. Yum!! I love walnuts, pecans, almonds, etc., but not with my chocolate desserts. No nuts in my chocolate cakes, chocolate chip cookies, brownies, fudge … What can I say? I’m just weird! Feel free to put 1/2 cup chopped walnuts if you want to. One way or another, this cake is chocolate goodness!
Triple Chocolate Cake
- 1 5- oz box of cook & serve chocolate pudding mix do not use the instant pudding mix
- 3 cups milk I used whole milk
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 12- oz 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toffee bits 1/2 cup walnuts can be used in place of the toffee bits
- Combine the chocolate pudding mix and milk in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. The mixture will be ready once the it thickens and bubbles just begin to form.
- Remove the pudding mixture from the heat and pour it into a large mixing bowl. Gently press wax paper on the top of the pudding mixture and cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Remove the wax paper from the pudding and stir the mixture a little.
- Add the chocolate cake mix to the pudding mixture. Combine the ingredients and make sure there are no dry cake mix spots.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle the top with the chocolate chips* and toffee bits (or walnuts). * The chocolate chips soften but they do not melt.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool before serving.
- Store the cake in the refrigerator covered tightly with plastic wrap or in an airtight container.