This White Bean Salsa Verde Chili is full of so many flavors. I have been looking for a non-tomato based vegetarian chili, and this one is a winner! The spice level can be controlled depending on your choice of salsa verde. This chili is thick, amazingly flavorful and just the right spice!
I owe Ashley at Cookie Monster Cooking for creating this amazing vegetarian chili. I always loved white chili, but most of the recipes include chicken as the main protein source. This chili gives so many protein options in one bowl along with delicious and filling grains and veggies!
This White Bean Salsa Verde Chili dish was excellent for dinner. It was even better the next day! Topped with creamy sliced avocados, grated monterey jack cheese and whole grain tortilla chips, this chili has become part of our dinner rotation for now on.
White Bean Salsa Verde Chili
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 green bell peppers diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen or fresh corn kernels
- 2 15 oz cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup green lentils picked through and rinsed
- 1/2 quinoa rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 2 t cumin
- 1/2 t smoked paprika
- 1 t salt
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened (around 2 minutes). Add the green bell peppers, jalapeño and corn. Cook until tender (around 5 minutes). Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the beans, lentils, quinoa, broth, salsa verde, cumin, smoked paprika and salt. Stir the ingredients to combine. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Reduce the the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for around 35 minutes. The lentils should be tender and chili will be thick. If the chili is too thick for your preference, add more broth for the consistency you like.
- Enjoy with your favorite toppings such as avocado, grated cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, etc.
So happy to hear that you enjoyed it!! It’s still my favorite chili to date 🙂
Thank you so much!!