This Veggie and “Sausage” Bake is a one dish meal. Just slice up some vegetables and your favorite veggie or sausage of your choice. Add a savory seasoning mix, toss and let the oven cook up this delicious dish! A one dish flavorful meal full of vegetables and your favorite veggie sausage!
My version of this dish uses vegetarian sausage, such as Tofurky Kielbasa. If you would rather use a chicken or turkey sausage, feel free. The same goes for the vegetables. We like the mix of zucchini, yellow squash, grape tomatoes, red bell peppers, onions, and small red potatoes. The beauty of this dish is you can change up the vegetable combination with what you have on hand.
Just be sure to get plenty of seasoning in this dish. The sausage adds great flavor, but there are a lot of vegetables they needs extra seasoning to make this dish flavorful.
This Veggie and “Sausage” Bake makes for a perfect weeknight meal. Just a little chopping, slicing, and tossing; and the oven will do the rest of the work!
Veggie and "Sausage" Bake
- 1 lb veggie sausage cut into 1/2 inch rounds (I use the Tofurky brand)
- 1 medium zucchini cut into half-moons
- 1 medium yellow squash cut into half-moons
- 1 medium onion cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 pint grape tomatoes leave whole
- 1 lb small red potatoes halved
- Seasoning Mix
- 1 T dried parsley
- 1/2 t smoked paprika
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t onion powder
- 1/2 t cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1 t kosher salt or to taste
- 1/2 t ground black pepper
- 3 T olive oil
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour all of the vegetables and sausage into a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, add all of the dry seasonings and stir to combine. Add the olive oil to the seasoning mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour the seasoning/olive oil mixture over the vegetables and toss to coat all of the vegetables and sausage.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 50-55 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Toss halfway through baking and place foil tightly back on top.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped parsley over the cooked mixture before serving.