This veggie burger is one of my favorite veggie burgers of all time! This delicious burger is filled with veggies like artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, red onion and jalapeno. The spices in this burger include smoked paprika, red chili flakes, chili powder, cumin and the list goes on! Needless to say, this veggie burger is filled with amazing ingredients and textures.
I discovered this veggie burger recipe while watching the Food Network when Guy Fieri made this vegetarian dish for his sister. I have been making this burger ever since.
I make a large batch of these veggie burgers, and I store the uncooked burgers in the freezer to take out as needed. We eat these burger style with lettuce, sliced tomato and mayo. We also just melt cheese on top and eat along with are favorite side dishes.
Now without further ado, the recipe for Tabs and Tidbits favorite veggie burger!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and ribs removed, diced
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts (drained), chopped
- 1 12 oz jar roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 T chopped black olives
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 15.5 oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 16 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 T chopped fresh parsley
- 1 t smoked paprika
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1 t red chili flakes
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1/2 t celery seed
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t ground black pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1-2 T vegetable oil
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the diced red onions and sauté until soft (about 3 to 5 minutes). Add the jalapeno, artichoke hearts, red peppers, olives and the garlic. Continue to sauté until all the veggies are softened (about 5 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, add the cannellini beans, black beans and chickpeas. Gently mash about half of beans but leave the other half the of the beans whole. Add the cooled veggie mixture to the beans along with the oats, bread crumbs, parsley, smoked paprika, chili powder, oregano, red chili flakes, cumin, celery seed, salt, black pepper and eggs. Thoroughly combine mixture.
- Form mixture into 8 to 12 patties (this depends on the size and thickness of your burgers). Cover and refrigerate patties for 30 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Cookie veggie burgers for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve on a hamburger bun with your favorite burger toppings!