Yesterday I shared the Classic No Bake Cookie. Today is dedicated to that cookie but vegan style. These cookies are so delicious! I can honestly say that as much as I love the classic version, these Vegan No Bake Cookies are one of my favorites. Surprisingly, they are simple to make.
The deep chocolate flavor with the hearty texture of the oatmeal is unparalleled. The added coconut really makes this cookie undeniably delicious!
I made these cookies with quick cook oats and old fashioned oats. The texture of the old fashioned oats texture was the winner in our house!
These Vegan No Bake Cookies are not as sweet as the Classic No Bake Cookies, and that is what I enjoy even more. Not to mention the texture of the oatmeal and the addition of coconut flakes. But don’t worry, peanut butter and chocolate are still the star ingredients in this cookie!
Vegan No Bake Cookies
- 1/2 cup light agave nectar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, add the agave nectar, coconut oil and cocoa powder. Bring to a rapid boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Add the peanut butter and vanilla and stir until combined and smooth.
- Add the oats and coconut flakes and stir to fully combine.
- Scoop by large tablespoons and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Allow to cool for around 30 minutes. Place in refrigerator to set completely.