This Tomato and Basil Bake is a simple yet flavorful side dish. The flavors and colors will liven up your meal. Bright cherry tomatoes and fresh basil topped with a buttery bread crumb topping!
This side is not over-complicated. You can add this Tomato and Basil Bake to a weeknight meal, or add this to a weekend barbecue. I have to warn you though, you probably will not have any leftovers! 🙂
Tomato and Basil Bake
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 T olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 2 T melted butter
- 2 T grated parmesan cheese
- 2 T chopped fresh basil
- Preheat the broiler on high. Make sure the oven rack is in the middle of the oven.
- In an 8 x 8 baking dish, combine the tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place under the broiler and broil for 12 minutes or until the tomatoes are softened. Sir the mixture every 2 to 3 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are broiling, combine the panko bread crumbs, butter, and cheese in a small bowl.
- Once the tomatoes are broiled, sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the top of the tomatoes. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes or just until golden. Remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle the basil over the top and serve.