If you are looking for a healthy and tasty dish for yourself, your family or for a gathering, this spinach and chickpea dish is perfect. Just a few simple ingredients and a little chopping and you have a clean, healthy and delicious dish to serve. Let me emphasize that this dish is so good!!!
It is amazing how just a few simple ingredients can come together to make such a flavorful dish. One thing I add to this dish is red pepper flakes because we like to add a nice kick of spice in our dishes. If you don’t like spice, this dish is equally as good without the red pepper flakes.
I like to serve this dish in whole wheat pita bread, but you can serve this on crackers, toasted bread, or alone. I make this dish year round, but the colors in this dish are definitely fitting for the festivities around the holidays. We tend to eat a lot of heavy dishes and sweets, so this Spinach and Chickpea Tapas dish is a great clean dish to serve for your family and guests.
Spinach and Chickpea Tapas
- 10 oz fresh spinach rinsed
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 large red bell pepper finely diced
- 1 T fresh chives snipped
- Juice of 1 to 2 lemons or to taste
- 1/4 to 1/13 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 t red pepper flakes or to taste (optional)
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Finely chop the spinach. Place in a large bowl. Add the chickpeas, red bell pepper, chives, lemon juice, oil, red pepper flakes (if using), salt and pepper. Stir to combine the ingredients. Cover and put in the refrigerator to chill for 1 to 2 hours.
- Serve as is, in pita pockets, on toasted bread or with your favorite crackers.
I just love chickpeas! This sounds wonderful!
Thank you so much!!