This cake! This chocolate lava cake! The Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake is so good!!! There is no doubt that this a chocolate cake! The beauty is how moist this cake is. The fact that this cake is made in the slow cooker makes me even more happy!
I have had my share of the traditional chocolate lava cakes. There is nothing like putting your fork into the cake and having the molten chocolate ooze out. Yum! This slow cooker version is absolutely delicious. Keep in mind though, the molten chocolate is throughout the cake. You will not get that ooze of chocolate at first bite. However, you will get the most moist, chocolatey cake with fudgy chocolate sauce all through this cake.
Valentines Day is just around the corner. This Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake would be a sweet and special treat for the family to enjoy! Chocolate and Valentine’s Day is just a given!
By the way, vanilla ice cream is a must with this cake!
Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake
- 1 15.25- oz box chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 3.9- oz box instant chocolate pudding not cook & serve
- 2 cups cold whole milk
- 1 12- oz bag milk chocolate chips semi-sweet can also be used
- Parchment paper
- Line a slow cooker (4 quart or larger) with parchment paper. Liberally spray the parchment paper lining with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, 1 1/4 cups milk, oil and eggs. With an electric mixer, mix on low for 1 minute. Increase the speed to medium, and continue to mix for 2 - 3 minutes or until the batter is smooth and glossy. Pour the cake batter into the prepared slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pudding and 2 cups milk. With an electric mixer, beat on medium-low for 3-4 minutes or until the pudding thickens. Pour the pudding over the cake batter. Do not stir.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the pudding. Do not stir.
- Put the lid on top of the slow cooker. Cook on low for 2 1/2 hours or until the top of the cake is set.
- Serve in individual bowls with vanilla ice cream!