Made from scratch baked beans are so good, but they take so long to make. One of the few pre-made and store-bought creations that I like to use are canned baked beans! These Shortcut Baked Beans use canned baked beans with some seasonings and topped with a buttery bread crumb and green onion topping!
Memorial Day is coming up, and many of us get the day off for extra time with our family and friends. Grilling season and Memorial Day go hand in hand! And baked beans just make sense!
If you don’t have time to make baked beans from scratch, no worries! Just open a can of you favorited baked beans and a few extra seasonings with a delicious topping to add a little extra something!
Shortcut Baked Beans
- 28- oz can baked beans I use Bush's Vegetarian Baked Beans
- 1 t dried minced onions
- 1/8 t garlic powder
- 1/8 t smoked paprika
- 1/4 t crushed red pepper flakes or to taste
- 2 T butter
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish or similar size dish.
- In a medium bowl, add the baked beans, onions, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the beans are in the oven, melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the green onions and saute for 3 to 5 minutes or until the green onions soften. Add the bread crumbs and stir so they soak up the butter. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- After 20 minutes, remove the baked bean from the oven. Top the beans with the bread crumb topping.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 10 more minutes or until the topping is lightly golden.