These Cheesy Baked Tomatoes are simply delicious!! Fresh tomatoes topped with cheese, fresh basil, and olive oil. Perfect for a light appetizer of an easy side dish.
Tomatoes are in season right now, and I love using these bright beauties in all kinds of dishes. However, you cannot go wrong with tomatoes and basil and, of course, cheese!
These Cheesy Baked Tomatoes do not require much work. Just a few simple ingredients! Add these to a weeknight meal to brighten up the meal. Serve these beauties up as an appetizer to wake up everyone’s taste buds without filling up the guests before the main dish!
Cheesy Baked Tomatoes
- 4 Roma tomatoes sliced into 1/4 " slices
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the tomato slices 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over each tomato slice.
- Top the tomato slices with a generous amount of mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle the basil over each cheese-topped tomato slice.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil over each tomato slice.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Turn off the oven and turn the broiler on high. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes to lightly brown the cheese.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!