This soup is creamy and full of delicious flavors! Roasted cauliflower and veggies are pureed into a nutritious and satisfying vegan soup!
I have been making this soup for some time, but I played around with the vegetable amounts and put them in the oven to roast for even more depth of flavor!
The original recipe is delicious. You can certaily sauté the veggies in the pot on the stovetop until softened, but roasting the vegetables is worth the extra step!
The jalapenos add an unexpected flavor to this soup! Keeping a few seeds and the membranes really add a nice touch of heat! That is completely optional, for when you remove the seeds and membranes from a jalapeño, you are left with the flavor of the pepper and not so much of the heat.
Also, I prefer to use an immersion blender instead of a blender for convenience and the same creamy and smooth result. However, if you do use a blender, blend in batches and leave room in the blender since heat will cause the mixture to expand.
This soup is creamy and full of flavor and nutrition! The roasted vegetabls and the fresh thyme deliver on one satisfying and delicious bowl of soup!
Roasted Cauliflower Thyme Soup
- 1 head cauliflower roughly chopped
- 3 celery ribs cut into 1" pieces
- 3 carrots peeled and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 1 yellow onion chopped into 1" pieces
- 2 jalapenos chopped into 1" pieces*
- 4 garlic cloves whole & peeled
- 1 t kosher salt
- 1/2 t freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T olive oil
- 8-10 cups vegetable broth
- 1 T fresh thyme roughly chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place the chopped cauliflower, celery, carrots, onion, jalapeno, and garlic on a large sheet pan. Sprinkle salt & pepper over the veggies. Add the olive oil. Toss to combine.
- Roast in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until veggies are softened and some of the cauliflower florets start to brown.
- Place the roasted veggies in a large pot on the stove. Add enough vegetable broth to cover the veggies in the pot. Add the fresh thyme. Cook on medium-high heat until the mixture starts to boil.
- Remove from heat, and blend with an immersion blender or in a blender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve & enjoy!