Today I bring to you a salad that so is refreshing that I had to title it Refreshing Garbanzo & Chopped Veggie Salad. This salad is nutritious and filled with farro and garbanzo beans along with fresh veggies and herbs. The creamy dill dressing is a must to bring all of these delicious flavors together.
I literally ate this salad for two days. The salad was delicious after it chilled in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. But this salad was even better the next day!
The original recipe from Vanilla and Bean called for wheat berries. I did not have wheat berries, so I used farro. Delicious!! Wheat berries, farro or any grain of your choice will work in this salad.
If you are planning for a picnic or barbeque, this Refreshing Garbanzo and Chopped Veggie Salad would be a great addition! Or, you can be just like me and jus eat this salad for two days straight!
Refreshing Garbanzo & Chopped Veggie Salad
- 1/2 cup farro
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 cucumber diced
- 3 carrots diced
- 1/4 purple onion diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 T fresh chives chopped
- 1/3 cup Veganaise I used the Just Mayo brand
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 t lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 t fresh dill chopped
- 1/2 t sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Make the Salad
- Cook farro according to package directions and set aside to cool while you dice the veggies.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked farro, garbanzo beans, red & green bell peppers, cucumber, carrots, onion, parsley, and chives. Toss to combine.
Make the Dressing
- In a small bowl, add the Veganaise, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper. Whisk the ingredients together until smooth.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss to combine.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Enjoy!