Potato Leek Soup is a classic! Just a few simple ingredients create such a cozy and silky soup!
I have made this Potato Leek Soup without blending it, and it is equally delicious. However, today I am keeping this soup traditional and creating a silky smooth Potato Leek Soup!
It’s no secret that I am a year round soup fan. However, I can’t think of a better time to enjoy this Potato Leek Soup. The cool and crisp weather is finally upon us. Some of you are already getting snow. Those of us in the Southeast are just happy to have to cool weather! Cool weather = Soup!
My favorite recipes are the ones that don’t require tons of ingredients. This Potato Leek Soup is just 5 ingredients plus the salt & pepper. Just simple ingredients combined into one delicious and satisfying bowl of soup!
Potato Leek Soup
- 6 medium russet potatoes, cleaned, peeled & diced
- 4 medium leeks (light green & white sections only), sliced into half moons & thoroughly rinsed
- 6 tbsp butter, salted
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups whole milk
- salt & pepper, to taste
- freshly chopped chives, grated cheddar cheese, cream
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the leaks & saute for 4-6 minutes or until softened.
- Add the potatoes and vegetable broth. Stir to combine. Lower the heat to a simmer. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the milk & heat through. Add salt & pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- You can serve the soup as is. However, I chose to blend the ingredients until smooth. Using a blender or immersion blender, blend until smooth. Be careful of the heat. You may have to blend in batches.
- Serve with chives and any other preferred toppings. I like to add a splash of cream and make a pretty swirl!