Oyster Crackers are a great addition to a hot bowl of soup. However, these Parmesan Ranch Oyster Crackers are perfect as is. Flavorful seasoned and buttery oyster crackers made right in the slow cooker!
These Parmesan Oyster Crackers are simple to make right in the slow cooker. They are a great snack for a group. They also store well, if you make them for just a few people.
One important piece of advice. Use UNSALTED butter in this recipe! The ranch seasoning and parmesan cheese give this recipe plenty of salt. Using salted butter will make this snack too salty.
Parmesan Ranch Oyster Crackers
- 2 9- oz packages oyster crackers
- 1 1- oz package ranch seasoning mix
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 t dry dill
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 T chopped fresh parsley
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Add the oyster crackers, ranch seasoning, garlic, dill, and vegetable oil. Stir to completely combine.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 1 hour. Stir every 20 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- After 1 hour, add the butter until it is melted around 5 minutes. Stir to coat the crackers.
- Turn off the slow cooker. Add the parmesan cheese and stir to incorporate.
- Remove the crackers from the slow cooker. Serve with freshly chopped parsley.