Golden Milk. Have you heard about this drink? Have you tried it? I only recently discovered Golden Milk, and it definitely deserves the attention it is getting. Almond milk filled with turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and few extra spices to make this drink even more delicious!
There are so many recipes for Golden Milk going around. The primary spice has to be turmeric. However, you will most likely find ginger and cinnamon in there as well. I decided to add cloves and nutmeg along with a little vanilla extract and maple syrup for just a hint of sweetness!
Although fresh spices are typically better, they are not always on hand. So, for this recipe I am sharing the spice mixture I use with just dried ground spices.
I really enjoy Golden Milk hot and leftovers cold over ice! My husband loves his Golden Milk with coffee. He has half coffee and half Golden Milk. It is really good!
However you want to enjoy this delicious beverage just be warned. Turmeric stains! I would avoid using white mugs because the interior can discolor. We will not discuss the white shirt I was wearing while drinking my Golden Milk! But, every stain was worth every bit of deliciousness!
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 t ground turmeric
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t ground ginger
- 1/8 t ground cloves
- 1/8 t ground nutmeg
- 1/2 t pure vanilla extract
- 2 T maple syrup or agave nectar or to taste
- Pour the almond milk in a sauce pan over medium heat. Allow the milk to heat just short of a simmer. Add the remaining ingredients and stir with a whisk until the milk has turned golden. Remove from heat.
- Serve immediately or you can serve cold over ice.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.