You are just a few ingredients away from one of the best peanut butter cookie recipes. No mixer required. Just one bowl and few ingredients.
For the those avoiding gluten, this cookie is especially for you too. No flour!! Our household does not have to avoid gluten, but the recipe caught my eye for the simplicity of making an amazing melt in your mouth peanut buttery cookie.
I found this recipe over at Averie Cooks. She is quite the peanut butter expert, so I knew this cookie would not disappoint. Now for the recipe, so you can get to enjoy a little peanut butter heaven.
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter Classic-style peanut butter is more dependable in this recipe (i.e. Jif, Peter Pan, Skippy. Natural peanut butters may not work as well in this recipe.)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 white sugar
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- Pour all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir the ingredients with a large spoon. Combine all of the ingredients until completely mixed. This will take a minute or two.The dough will be be a little granular, but the sugar will dissolve into the dough while it chills.
- Form into 2-Tablespoon mounds and place mounds on a large plate. You will get around 12 mounds.
- Cover the plate with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at at least 3 hours. (The chilling process is crucial. Do not bake the dough warm.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray or use parchment paper.
- Place mounds on greased baking sheet at least 2 inches apart. Lightly flatten the mounds. Bake for 8 minutes or until edges are set and top is just set. (Do not over bake. These cookies will firm up when they cool)
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes.
These are sweet cookies, but they go fast. Enjoy!