These Energy Bites are filled with power packed ingredients that are good for you and will satisfy your appetite while giving you energy to get through the day. No baking is required to make these quick and easy healthy snacks!
Thes Energy Bites certainly do not take the place of a healthy diet, exercise, rest and plenty of water. However, these densely power packed ingredients will give you some great sustainable energy.
These Energy Bites are completely flexible. You can change up the nut butter. In place of the dark chocolate chips, you can add dried fruit. One way or another, these little snacks are very dense with power packed calories. Just a couple of these little bites makes for an simple and quick afternoon snack.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup toasted shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- Add all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until fully combined. Cover and allow the mixture to chill in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and roll into 1 inch balls.
- Store in the refrigerator and enjoy!