This Eggless “Egg” Salad is a vegan version of, well, egg salad. I enjoy a good egg salad from time to time, but this vegan version has outdone itself! No boiling and peeling eggs necessary. No tofu in this egg salad either. A vegan egg salad that delivers on flavor and texture!
I discovered this ingenious recipe from the Health Nut Nutrition YouTube channel. A vegan egg salad made without tofu! I was intrigued right away. I bought the ingredients, but I did not have any intention of sharing this recipe. I figured it would make a nice quick lunch. That changed as soon as I took my first bite. It was soo good, I had to share how delicious this recipe turns out.
As an added bonus to the Eggless Egg Salad, there is not the eggy smell. You can easily make this into a sandwich for the office lunch and no “smell”. 🙂 Your taste buds will be happy as well as your co-workers noses!
No offense to the classic egg salad, but it is going to be hard for me to enjoy the classic when this vegan version is just that good and easier to make!
Eggless Egg Salad
- 1 15- oz can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 15- oz can cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise Veganaise or Just Mayo
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1 T capers
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 t fresh dill
- 1/2 t turmeric
- 1/4 t paprika
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1/4 t ground black pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor. Pulse for about 15 seconds or until smooth with a little texture remaining.
- Serve with your favorite bread, lettuce, tomatoes, etc.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Made this It is delicious.
Thank you for letting me know how much you enjoyed it! I am so happy it turned out so good!