Potato soup. There are many delicious varieties. However, today I am going to share with you one of the easiest and delicious versions I have been making on a regular basis. To top it off, this is made in the slow cooker.
This soup is perfect option for those celebrating Halloween. This will be satisfying and warm for the family before or after going out trick or treating. We stay in and pass out candy, so I love having this soup warm and ready for our dinner.
When I first discovered this recipe, I was hesitant about the flavor and texture. I was amazed how these few ingredients melted together and made such a delicious tasting soup. I was even more surprised that the shredded hash browns were a great texture too.
I have used both shredded and cubed frozen hash browns. Both versions turned out delicious. However, in this soup we prefer the shredded version of frozen hash browns.
Easy Slow Cooker Potato Soup
- 1 30 oz bag frozen shredded hash browns
- 5 1/2 cups vegetable broth or 3 (14.5 oz cans vegetable broth)
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of celery soup
- 2 T minced onion flakes
- 1 t ground pepper
- 1 t salt
- 1 8 oz package softened cream cheese (room temperature when adding to soup)
- Put all of the ingredients, except the cream cheese, in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Around 30 minutes before serving, add the room temperature cream cheese. Stir the cream cheese in the soup until melted and thoroughly combined. Serve and top with your choices of cheddar cheese, green onions, sour cream or even bacon.