I have had my share of brownies, but I have not tried too many blondies. Why? I ask myself. The bottom line is brownies are full of chocolate, so I naturally gravitate to brownies! I decided that blondies deserve some of my attention. So, when I found this recipe for Cinnamon Sugar Blondies, I could not wait to make them. Oh! Were these good! I completely forgot about them not having any chocolate!
These Cinnamon Sugar Blondies are some of the moistest and dense sweet bars I have had! I was amazed that everything came together in one bowl with no mixer. When I was reading over the recipe at Buns In My Oven, I first thought a leavening agent was missing. Karly confirmed that there is no leavening agent, and they should be chewy and fudgy, not like cake. Oh man, was she right! Chewy and fudgy is correct! These Cinnamon Sugar Blondies are so amazing, and they come together in less than 30 minutes!
Cinnamon Sugar Blondies
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 5 t white sugar
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. (Alternatively, you can grease the baking dish and not use parchment paper.)
- in a medium bowl, add the melted butter and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
- Add the egg and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Add the flour and salt. Stir until fully combined.
- Spread the batter in the prepared dish. The batter is thick, so just keep spreading until you have an even surface.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool. Cut into squares.
Will be making these for sure.
Yay! I am sure you will love these!