Sometimes a quick mug cake is all you need to satisfy that late night sweet craving! This Chocolate Peanut Butter is ready in less than 5 minutes! Mix the ingredient and cook in the microwave for 1 minute!
I have had a love-hate relationship with mug cakes. They can be tough and chewy, but they also can be moist and delicate. This Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake is a sweet and satisfying quick dessert that is moist, delicate, and full of gooey deliciousness! I have discovered that most microwave mug cakes made with eggs often make the mixture tough. No eggs in this recipe!
The one minute cook time in the microwave will depend on the power of your microwave. The center of the mug cake will look slightly undercooked, but this is the true indicator that your mug cake is ready!
You can mix everything in the mug without dirtying an extra bowl. However, I like to mix the dry ingredients in a separate small bowl to have cleaner edges in the mug!
By the way, make sure you use a large mug. The mixture rises when baking in the microwave.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- 4 T sugar
- 4 T all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch of Kosher salt
- 2 T cocoa
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 4 T water
- 1/4 t pure vanilla extract
- 1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter
- Combine the dry ingredients in the mug and stir to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Place the peanut butter in the center of the cake mixture. Push the peanut butter down just underneath the top.
- Microwave on full power for 1 minute or until the center of the mug cake looks slightly wet.