Chocolate Chip Snowball Cookies are a perfect option for the upcoming cookie trays! A buttery melt in your mouth cookie filled with mini chocolate chips and coated with soft powdered sugar!
These delicate Chocolate Chip Snowball Cookies literally melt in your mouth thanks to the butter. Speaking of butter, I recommend using salted butter. If you use unsalted butter, be sure to add some salt (1/2 t to be exact).
Whether you are looking for ideas for a cookie tray or just want to satisfy your sweet tooth, these pillowy soft cookies are sweetly perfect!
Chocolate Chip Snowball Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter softened *
- 1 cup powdered sugar divided
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cover 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla. Beat on high with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add the flour, beating on low speed after each addition until well blended. Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place, 1-1/2 inches apart, on baking sheets.
- Bake 14 to 15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes. While the cookies are still warm, roll each cookie (1 at a time) in the remaining sugar in a small bowl until evenly coated, placing the coated cookies on wire racks. Cool completely.