We are huge fans of hummus in our house. Put hummus in a wrap, serve it with pita chips, veggies, you name it! Often times, I will pick up a tub of hummus from the store. However, if I have the time, I love to make hummus at home. It never fails that we are going to flavor it up with different ingredients. This Chipotle Hummus is one of our smoky and spicy favorites!
Last week I shared my Roasted Garlic Hummus recipe which is a favorite go-to in our house. But, if we want to kick it up a few notches, we go for this Chipotle Hummus!
Chipotle peppers give such a great smoky and spicy flavor in hummus. You can control the heat by using only one chipotle pepper. We wanted a little more heat, so our Chipotle Hummus uses two peppers. However, if you dare, you can add more chipotle peppers. Just remember, you can always add more heat, but you cannot take it out.
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 t ground cumin
- 2 whole chipotle peppers 1 if you want less spice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Water to help with consistency
- Garnish: Red pepper flakes & chopped cilantro or parsley
- Pour the chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, chipotle peppers, salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Add a little water if needed to help get the consistency you want. Add more salt and pepper if needed. Garnish with red pepper flakes and cilantro or parsley.
- Serve with veggies, pita chips, in you favorite warp, etc.
For a creamier hummus, remove the outter skins from the chickpeas.
We go thru soooo much hummus at our house! This sounds fantastic with the chipotle! I love how smoky they are!
Thank you!! I love putting chipotle peppers in dishes to add that nice smoky & spicy kick!