Caramel Apple Crumble Pie! The name alone is delicious. This is not your average apple pie. Yes you get apples in this pie, but you get even more than just apples. A sugar and butter combination that makes the decadent caramel. Oats and flour give this pie an amazing texture. Lets not forget the fall spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice. Yum!!!
What I especially love about the particular pie is not only how delicious it is, but that it is one of the easiest pies to make. One bowl. Pre-made pie crust. You do not even have to peel apples. Just grab your favorite can of apple pie filling.
If you have 5 minutes to stir the ingredient together, you will not be disappointed in this sweet and dense Caramel Apple Crumble Pie. Feel free to add some vanilla ice cream or whipped cream to make this pie event more of a decadent dessert!
Caramel Apple Crumble Pie
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t allspice
- 1/4 t ground cloves
- 1/4 t salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole rolled old-fashioned oats not quick or instant
- 1 21 oz can apple pie filling
- 1 9 in deep dish frozen pie crust
- Caramel sauce for drizzling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, add the egg, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, salt and cooled melted butter. Stir with a whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour and oats. Stir to combine. Fold in the apple pie filling.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust. (My pie crust came straight out of the freezer and was not thawed.)
- Place the pie on a cookie sheet. Bake the pie in the oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until the pie is set, not jiggly and golden on top. Mine took 55 minutes.
- Allow the pie to cool for 30 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with caramel drizzled on top
- Store the pie covered in the refrigerator.