We enjoy a lot of dips this time of year. I suppose it is the season of football and the sense of gathering around some delicious food. I am so excited to share this Black Bean Queso Dip! The refried black beans give such a great flavor that is slightly different from the pinto bean refried beans. The pepper jack cheese and salsa verde adds a nice spicy touch without going overboard.
Last Friday I shared with you the amazing Slow Cooker Bean Dip. This dip is prepared on the stovetop and finished off in the oven.
The refried black beans deliver a heartier texture than the traditional pinto beans. The three kinds of cheese provide the creamy and gooey deliciousness! The flavors from the tomatillo salsa bring this dip together. You may need to adjust the cayenne pepper will depend on the heat level of the tomatillo salsa. Otherwise, dig in and enjoy!
Black Bean Queso Dip
- 1 15 oz can vegetarian refried black beans
- 3/4 cup tomatillo salsa verde
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper
- 1/8 t salt
- 2 cups grated pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/4 t red pepper flakes
- 1/4 t dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the refried black beans and salsa verde in an oven-safe skillet on the stove stop over medium heat. Stir to thoroughly combine.
- Add the cream cheese, cayenne pepper, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Once the bean mixture is hot and the cream cheese is completely melted and incorporated, add 1 3/4 cups of the pepper jack cheese. Stir to combine.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese and remaining pepper jack cheese on the top. Sprinkle the red pepper flakes and dried parsley over the cheese topping.
- Place the oven safe skillet in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted on top and the mixture is bubbly. To give the cheese a golden appearance turn on the broiler on high for about a minute. Watch carefully to avoid burning.
- Remove from oven and serve warm with tortilla chips.
- Store leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator.