Spaghetti Squash! It is known as a healthy low carb option. However, it needs a little flavor enhancement for my taste. Once I learned how to prepare spaghetti squash, I was on a mission to enjoy it in different ways. This version is one those ways that we enjoy, but after adding the butter and parmesan cheese, I would not classify this a “healthy”. Delicious is how I would describe this spaghetti squash dish!
This vegetable was a little odd to me at first. However, after finding different ways to enhance spaghetti squash, it makes a frequent appearance in our home.
Particularly with butter, garlic and parmesan cheese.
Serve this as a side with your meal, and you will be surprised on how delicious spaghetti squash can be. Especially with extra parmesan cheese on top!
Baked Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- olive oil
- 3-4 T butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 t dried parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Cut off the stem of the spaghetti squash. Cut the squash in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and the loose stringly flesh. Brush the interior of the the squash with olive oil and lightly sprinkle with salt. Lay the cut sides down on the baking sheet. Bake in the oven for around 45 minutes or until the squash is tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 15 minutes. Once the squash is cool to handle, use a fork to scrape out the inside if the squash. This is where the squash gives you the spaghetti strands.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the spaghetti squash strands to the skillet. Toss in the dried parsley, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Once all of the ingredients are mixed together and warmed, it is ready to serve.
- Top with more parmesan cheese if desired.